[Canniseur: If you’ve decided to grow your own, you’ll need seeds. Those plants don’t grow out of thin air. Besides the strain you’re buying, there really is a lot to know about where your seeds are sourced and how they were made. Here’s a good place to start.]
When doing research on how to order cannabis seeds, there are a number of ways to go about this. Most people prefer to order the seeds online since it is relatively easy and convenient. There are countries where growing cannabis is legal and seeds can often be purchased from growshops and dispensaries. This, however, isn’t the case everywhere. One can still buy cannabis seeds online or from seed banks and have them shipped from overseas safely.
Benefits of ordering online
If you haven’t ordered cannabis seeds before, you may have some reservations about ordering online, especially if you live in a country where many cannabis-related products are frowned upon. You may wonder, is ordering online really the safest option?
We are here to reassure you that buying online is discreet and safe, even in instances where cannabis seeds may not be allowed. We have a few pointers for you to ensure you get your cannabis seeds safely.
It is important to use the following guide to safely order cannabis seeds;
- Discretion starts with you – when it comes to ordering cannabis seeds, it’s important to remember that keeping this information private starts with you. Be sure to keep this information to yourself and avoid sharing this with anyone, both online and offline. Secrecy starts with you and the less people know about it, the better.
- Find out the cannabis laws where you live – each country has different laws surrounding the importation or use of cannabis, so it is important to find out what the law says regarding cannabis. For instance, in the Netherlands, one is allowed to have small quantities of cannabis seeds for sale. So, it’s important to find out whether individuals are allowed to possess cannabis seeds and whether germination of the seeds is allowed. It’s important to find out all you can about the regulations in place when it comes to importing cannabis seeds in your country before taking the next steps.
- Do your research and find a reputable seed company to make your purchase from – choosing the ideal source to buy seeds from isn’t as difficult as one might presume. Some of the best companies hail from the Netherlands, Canada and the UK. Amsterdam is one of the top sources for quality seeds, and there is a wide range of information available on all cannabis-related matters. Be sure to look out for a reputable seed bank with a long-standing service record.
- Start small – when making your first order, don’t go crazy spending thousands of euros on seeds. Start small, and then you can increase your order and the amount you spend over time. This way, you’ll find out whether the company has the quality of seeds you’re looking for, and you will have an idea of how much time it takes to deliver the seeds. And you can be sure the company you’re ordering from is legit.
- Payments are safe and discreet – when it comes to making online payments, these days it is quite safe and there are measures in place to ensure your information is secure and discrete. You can make payments via credit card or you can choose a third-party processor, which also has its advantages. It’s important to note that most seed banks receive payment without your credit card details for your discretion and customer data is destroyed after payment by the payment processor, which makes it even more discrete. Most reputable seed banks will leave out cannabis-related descriptions in your bank statement. However, if you are still worried about using your personal credit card, you have a number of options, such as use of bitcoin, bank transfers and cash where possible.
- Use business details instead – If you’re not comfortable sharing your personal information, you can get a business credit card and have a business address for all your online deliveries and purchases. This lets you get your package delivered with minimum risk.
- Order in batches – with multiple orders or when ordering different seeds, be sure to divide your order by placing small orders, ordering at different times and also using different suppliers to avoid placing all your eggs in one basket and incurring a heavy loss by making a big order with one supplier.
- Use abbreviations, a nickname or initials when making your purchase – for further security measures, most people prefer to not use their full name when making an order to avoid being associated with marijuana. You can use an abbreviation or just your initials when sharing your name. Keep in mind some postmen know who lives at a certain address so it would be a good idea to use your initials on the address if you are using your home address. Alternatively, don’t ship to an address where you don’t want the address tied to you or your activities.
- Make use of a post office address and use an alternate email address – a high number of seed banks can deliver to a PO box address so that you can pick it up at your own discretion to prevent you from having to sign for it at your doorstep. It’s also a good idea to create an alternative email address that does not have your name for added privacy. Never use a business email address.
- Use a shipping option that doesn’t require a signature – there are options that allow you to not share a signature upon arrival of your package. Most Track and Trace parcels require a signature once your parcel arrives. While there are some disadvantages of this, it might offer more discretion. But, it will be much harder to track your parcel or even trace it in the event it gets misplaced or lost.
- Give it time – since most seeds are shipped from abroad, it’s important to give it time to arrive. It could take from 7 to 12 days depending on where it comes from. In other cases, it might even take 15 days or more to arrive so it’s important to be patient and not panic if it takes slightly longer than expected. Your package will arrive in due time.
Ordering cannabis seeds online these days can be done safely and discreetly. Be sure to follow the steps above to protect yourself and ensure the highest level of discretion.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for information and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to reflect the specific views of the publication.